• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mitochondria, Anaerobic Energy, and Cancer Treatments

Sparrow

Just came across this article on a direction for some cancer research. It discusses the mitochondria and aerobic vs anaerobic energy production, and how certain factors can cause too much anaerobic, producing too much lactic acid, etc. I wondered if it's possible some of the dysfunctions they describe come into play for us (or if that might have something to do with the scattered potential evidence for a greater predisposition to cancers). I wonder if anybody has tried this drug on us and if it did any good at all. I would guess it might not be a huge impact regardless, but who knows. They did say it was successful in reducing lactic acid production in other conditions, if nothing else.

Not basing that on anything in particular, or implying any great significance to this. It's just had some details I hadn't come across before, so was curious and thought I would share.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/05/dichloroacetate_and_cancer.php