• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Misopathy Over DisclosureProof of VIPdx Test Validity Still Not Forthcoming

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
http://cfsuntied.com/blog2/2012/04/...-of-vipdx-test-validity-still-not-forthcoming

Misopathy Over DisclosureProof of VIPdx Test Validity Still Not Forthcoming

Posted on April 30, 2012 by Khaly

A guest blog by Chris Douglas, 30th April 2012

In addition to taking part in the WPIs UK study, I privately had my blood shipped to VIPdx for a HGRV/XMRV antibody test.

The following year, Dr Judy Mikovits was dismissed by the WPI. One of the bones of contention between the two parties seems to have been the scientific validity of VIPdxs HGRV/XMRV assays and the defensibility of offering a commercial test for sale so early in the research.

These concerns were reinforced by the failure of any assays used in the US NIHs Blood Working Group study to detect HGRV/XMRV on a fast throughput basis (i.e. outside of a research lab). These assays included those of the WPI on which VIPdxs tests, allegedly, were based.

At the end of September 2011, UNEVX (the lab that superseded VIPdx) withdrew its HGRV/XMRV antibody test but gave scant rationale for the action. People in Europe, however, were told by their local labs that there were concerns about the tests reliability.

On 17th October, I emailed Annette Whittemore to request scientific validation of VIPdxs HGRV/XMRV assays. It took a further four weeks and the intervention of Kellen Jones-Monnick (WPI Office Manager) to receive the following response from VIPdx...

Read on