• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Misinformed article - please comment

Min

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article7008824.ece

'ME is a diagnosis only reached by excluding other possibilities

a misinformed article on M.E. in the UK Times by Dr Martyn Lobley, comments can be left or you can send a letter to the editor (enclosing your address & phone no) at letters@thetimes.co.uk

"Doctors use the descriptive term CFS chronic fatigue syndrome: a syndrome defined by a collection of symptoms and signs." :confused:

"...Hopes were raised by headlines last year proclaiming that the retrovirus XMRV had been found in a cluster of cases in the US only to be dashed when it wasnt found anywhere else. XMRV may have caused a local epidemic of fatigue but it wasnt the answer. " :Retro mad:

Frickly

Ouch....My son has aspergers and yes...suicide and depression is a common symptom as they enter the teenage years. It sickens me that she is trying to make a connection between her son and the life and death of this girl who was in constant pain for years and had no life and no hope. It makes my stomach turn. Thats all I can say as I don't think I can "stomach" a response to this article.

This one isn't so great, either. I left a comment, but it hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1247348/I-know-curse-ME-Im-sorry-wrong-let-Lynn-die.html

Nina

Ouch....My son has aspergers and yes...suicide and depression is a common symptom as they enter the teenage years. It sickens me that she is trying to make a connection between her son and the life and death of this girl who was in constant pain for years and had no life and no hope. It makes my stomach turn. Thats all I can say as I don't think I can "stomach" a response to this article.

Exactly my thoughts and feelings, Frickly. How dare she??