• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mineral balancing

Martial

Do other people here that use topical or oral Magnesium, and Potassium supplements also use Calcium? I know that intra cellular Magnesium and potassium does not show up in blood tests but do not know the case for calcium. As for myself I use a potassium powder and topical magnesium but get my calcium through diet; mainly forms of goat dairy. I don't know if loading up on potassium and magnesium would deplete calcium but its in normal range for my blood tests.

I am also experiencing super gnarly tendonitis all over my damn body from bumping up antibiotics, never been this bad before and never had a single twinge or pain in my entire body for my life until getting sick. Wondering if this will help with that or if there is any suggestions on what to do for it. I do not use nor have I ever used quinoline antibiotics so I know its not from a drug side effect.

Mij

@Martial this is my experience with Magnesium. I was below normal range on an RBC test which indicated a very bad magnesium deficiency, apparantly there is only 1% Mg found in blood, so if you show low on a serum test it's pretty bad. I had the severe symtoms to go with it and they disappeared after many injections. My Calcium levels did drop a little below normal when I took the shots but rebalanced after stopping. That was several years ago.

I started using Ancient Mineral topical Mg in Febuary and I feel as though it's just as effective as the shots. They have an Exatest(which measures Mg at the cellular level) results from taking the transdermal MG on their website. It shows an increase in Mg, but lowers Potassiium and Calcium levels
http://www.ancient-minerals.com/transdermal-magnesium/

It's a fine balance. I take a Calcium formula along with the transdermal Mg.

Martial

@Martial this is my experience with Magnesium. I was below normal range on an RBC test which indicated a very bad magnesium deficiency, apparantly there is only 1% Mg found in blood, so if you show low on a serum test it's pretty bad. I had the severe symtoms to go with it and they disappeared after many injections. My Calcium levels did drop a little below normal when I took the shots but rebalanced after stopping. That was several years ago.

I started using Ancient Mineral topical Mg in Febuary and I feel as though it's just as effective as the shots. They have an Exatest(which measures Mg at the cellular level) results from taking the transdermal MG on their website. It shows an increase in Mg, but lowers Potassiium and Calcium levels
http://www.ancient-minerals.com/transdermal-magnesium/

It's a fine balance. I take a Calcium formula along with the transdermal Mg.

I see, thank you for the input. As for myself my blood range always comes back normal but I never knew if I could have low calcium and have it not show up. Your case sounded very severe though! So glad to hear you got it covered now! I think I should incorporate some kind of calcium supplement soon myself. Thanks for the link I will definitely check it out and see if it helps!