• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylfolate by itself?

Adlyfrost

Was thinking about trying methylfolate by itself. Is there any danger of this? Would it be better to take with b-complex? I want to start @ 200mcg's methylfolate and level off at a lose dose- like 400 or 800max. I am only 105 lbs.

Been reading about other people's experience with methylation therapy- since I am extremely sensitive to just about EVERYTHING, I am TERRIFIED :nervous: to try it. Plus I do not have a doctor at this time.

I have been doing my own detox with herbs and natural anti-virals and other vitamins and minerals, and having good success. :D Just want to optimize my detox since I am still very tired all the time. I do not know if I need methylfolate or not, and wasn't sure if it was dangerous to take it by itself. Hoping it could help me detox a little more efficiently.