Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylfolate blocked by iron?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Lizzyloo, May 11, 2018.

1. Lizzyloo

Lizzyloo

hello,
    does anybody know why taking iron the same time as metafolin would block the metafolin being absorbed?

Also there isn't a lot of mention of iron being supplemented, I recently found that iron was a missing piece of my puzzle, is this unusual? I always take my metafolin when I get up in the morning with potassium glucbate, recently started taking iron at the same time, and started to feel the black hole engulfing me, kept trying adding all sorts to no avail, wasn't until I took the two separately that the blackness lifeted.

I take the metafolin as usual, then walk my dogs, and have the iron after, oh I feel so much better, for now anyway.

Wondered if anybody had encountered this also

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  2. SJB944

SJB944 Senior Member

No, but that is really interesting. There is some general consensus that taking methylfolate with potassium in vitamin C can diminish it's absorption. Now, I'll keep an eye on iron as well. Thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.