• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylcobalamin Inhalation Therapy

Hip

An electronic cigarette looks more cool than a nebulizer, though!

An electronic cigarette looks more cool than a nebulizer, though!
Haha do they? Being that ecigarettes are the "healthy alternative" to cigarettes I figured they were about as cool as a nicotine patch. But I'm rapidly approaching 30 and definitely starting to lose my ability to distinguish what is and isn't cool :)

skwag

Another Update: The last couple sessions of B12 vaping I haven't had much of a reaction if any. This is to be expected as my body gets used to the new saturation levels. I am assuming here the vaporizing of B12 is more effective than sublinguals. It may also be that different brands of B12 do slightly different things and I've gotten used to the new brand of liquid B12. Another possibility is that inhalation therapy may be more effective at getting B12 into the brain than other routes.

@bluewhistled. I got some new heads/coils. Still getting a bit of the burnt taste, especially at the beginning of a session. My guess is I don't have the wick completely saturated. I found I get better results when I increase the air flow. I unscrewed the battery a little so there was still contact, but some air could be drawn through the loose threading. This seemed to help so I decided to bore out one of the tiny intake holes to about twice its original diameter. Much better. Great vapor production anywhere around 4 volts. Your result may of course vary since you are using the flavoring.

@Hip Great Idea. I imagine I will have to try a nebulizer. Why put VG into the lungs if you can use water instead? When I get a break in a few days, I'll probably look into ordering one. Thanks

Last edited:
Right I didn't think about that, not needing VG could double the dose of our current method/source as well. Swag I've been wondering about how much more crosses the BBB with this method too. Because like you I get the "dizzy" feeling if I haven't had any in a while and it's almost immediate. It's not uncomfortable or anything, just very noticeable and nothing like what I get if I take b12 with any other method. I really wish I had some b12 injection experience to compare to. I'm anxious to hear your report on the nebulizer.

As far as that website selling the 5g for $55. I emailed them twice now asking how they verified the 99% purity and I'm starting to feel like I won't be getting a reply. But if I do I'll let you guys know. My cynicism suspects they ordered in bulk from China advertised to be 99% and never got a third party analysis done, after all that would cut into their margins and they have nothing to gain if their typical customer doesn't ask.

Hip

I really wish I had some b12 injection experience to compare to.

There is a list of prescription-free pharmacies here where you can buy B12 for injection, in case you want to try it. It's actually pretty straightforward doing a subcutaneous injection into the belly area. After you do once or twice, you think nothing of it —even if you were originally squeamish like me (intravenous injection however is more difficult, and I have never attempted that; but subcutaneous is easy). I attach a pdf which gives easy to read instructions for subcutaneous injections.

The needles you use can very narrow. I use 30G gauge (0.3mm outer diameter), and 2 ml syringes to match.

My guess is that this vaping / nebulizing method might be just as effective as injections. But it may be a good idea to try injections just for comparison purposes.

I myself no longer seem to benefit from B12. I did several years ago, when I first developed ME/CFS. But now I seem to get little or no effect from B12. Though I am interested in this thread because I find the B12 administration methods being developed here very novel and innovative.

Attachments

• Subcutaneous injection instructions.pdf
    265.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the list. I imagine that an intravenous injection would be comparable in how quickly you "feel" the b12 with inhalation and I'm curious as to whether you would feel as light-headed as an inhalation method due to the rapid proliferation of b12 in the bloodstream. I imagine subcutaneous, while having a high bio-availability, may not have as rapid as an onset as inhalation which would defeat the purpose. I don't believe I would be squeamish with a subcutaneous injection, but I couldn't see myself doing an intravenous injection. Too many risks in my opinion. And obviously once you start injecting the gateway drug B12, heroin is right around the corner.

I got a reply from that one supplier for powdered b12 crystals:

"Current batch came in at 98.8%. Trying to locate PDF of current coa"

So still waiting on the COA.

EDIT: Just in case anyone took me seriously, I was joking about injecting b12 leading to heroin, I don't actually believe that.

Last edited:
Ok, so I bought all the stuff too.....cannot get a vapor coming out of the E-cig. Been back to the vape shop twice and they're nice but don't want to advise me on mixing things that are not their product. I bought a flavored 50/50 VG PG mixture. So help me understand exactly how you are mixing it.....I am currently getting liquid splattered on my tongue but no vapor and it runs out of the E-cig cartridge.

Are you saying, 25% water, 25% liquid B12, and 50% VG PG mixture? (Do you think it matters that my mixture is 50/50 VG PG? rather than 60% VG 40% PG?) The Vapor shop guys think it will not work without food grade PG, which I can get by the gallon at farm store for 23.99 but don't want to buy until I can get this figured out. Any help is appreciated!

@traray we are doing a mix of 50% water containing mb12 and 50% VG. It shouldn't matter that you're using a VG/PG mix except that VG is thick and thickens the water up some. We use clearomizers, not cartridges. I have never used a cartridge and I don't know how they work so I can't lend you any advice there. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that maybe a cartridge needs a more viscous fluid to work. I really have no idea though.

I would experiment with trying to get just your VG/PG mix working first. If adding water breaks it then you should switch to a clearomizer/tank.

Last edited:

aturtles

@aturtles Why would that matter? It's about a method, and bluewhistled is finding it effective.

I am thrilled about finding a new method, and grateful to @bluewhistled for sharing this with us. I was just curious about the dating of the report, and wondering if it was relevant. I don't know enough! I never know enough! :)

I am planning to take a VERY good look at my guy's vaper / e-cigarette today. I'm loving the idea of walking around with a Methl-B12 cig in my hand! @bluewhistled -- it would be cool! Especially if it meant you got to lecture on methylation to everyone who said "I didn't know you smoked" -- aha! Have you heard about the methylation cycle? (I swear, I feel like I should be going door to door and leaving a handout.)

I already forwarded the link to this thread to my Nat Doctor who already uses nebulizers with her patients. (Though I suspect she'd really like me to try the nasal spray for more than a day before I switch to another method.)

Also, I'm eager to hear from anyone who is doing inhalation and who has tried nasal spray, on their experience of relative absorption of the two methods.

Thank you all soooo much for sharing!

aturtles

Okay, I'm going in. :) I've got VG on order to arrive early next week, a high-concentration pure compounded MeCbl nasal spray, and e-cig vaporizer and empty cartridges. I'll report in on my results when I have some.

aturtles

@skwag
Wholesalers will generally only sell to companies, not individuals, so you need to have a company email, company website, company phone number, etc, before they take you seriously.

If vaping MeCbl works at anywhere near 100%, we can start a company. :)

This would be a GREAT business idea. Would buy 10/10.

I didn't post this on here so people could try to profit from this method. It's so cheap and easy to make yourself and the current websites that sell b12 e-liquids are a complete ripoff. I posted it on here so people could make it cheaply for themselves while also knowing each ingredient that it contains.

Last edited:

aturtles

Okay, I got my VG, mixed it half with filtered water, added the MeCbl, and tried it with the e-cigarette vaper.

It works. :woot: That is, I feel it in my system. Yumm! :balloons:

I plan to entirely go to vaping to see how it plays in my protocol over days. I still don't have a feel for how much I'll need, but I'll probably go high until I have a better sense for how well it's getting into my system.

@bluewhistled, this is exceedingly cool. Thank you. You rock. Most grateful.

I'll keep reporting back.

skwag

@aturtles
Glad to hear of your success. Could you explain further what you feel or how you know it works?

I've felt it work too, but I tend to second guess myself. Cheers

Edit: I see on another thread that you have had B12 injections. How does this compare?
What B12 are you using for your e-cig mix?

Last edited:
@skwag, I want to wait on my answer until I've had a few days with vaping so that I'm answering with more confidence.

I'm really glad it seems to be helping you aturtles. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to look up the ingredients in the list you gave me to determine if they are safe to inhale. I'm really swamped with work for the foreseeable future. I would encourage you to look into them yourself and be careful about assuming that if you can use it as a nasal spray then you can vape it. For instance one of my nasal sprays contains potassium sorbate which is a lung irritant if vaped.

If I get a chance this weekend I will look into them more.