• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

methylation support & costochondroitis

aquariusgirl

My mom has been taking b12, folates, minerals and some sam-e for a couple of weeks now.

She had the usual honeymoon where she felt/was doing better, then crashed badly. Exhausted, nausea, and tenderness in the rib area. I think it's costochondroitis.

I could give her anti inflammatory enzymes I guess. What else might help with the tenderness other than NSAIDS?

Does anyone have any idea how long this problem might hang around?

I heard costochondroitis can be a real bear and last for months.

Also, what else might take the edge off this relapse? I've been giving her yasko's nerve calm RNA, charcoal, burbur, nebulised glutathione, but she is so wiped out and nothing is touching that.

I am worried her bad experience will put her off this protocol entirely.

TIA

kat0465

costo is tough to get over! what helped me most was heating pads, ant inflammatories, and hot baths.also not pushing or pulling on things
and not reaching for stuff where you have to stretch your arms above your head.

it took me about 4 months to get over all that sternum and rib pain :( thankfully it hasent come back since late summer. it's really miserable, hoping this helps her a bit and she's over it soon!

Kat

wciarci

Wenderella
What causes this? Is it inflamation? I take Omega 3, 6, 9 and olive leaf and never eat sugars and try not to eat grains esp. white flour. I think curcumin (tumeric) is also an anti inflamatory, I would ask Rich Vonk about this. hope it helps.

wendy