• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Start Up and Improved Thyroid Function

gracee41

I recently started having symptoms of methylation start-up after taking low dose lithium orotate for several months to push B12 into my cells. Hair testing showed I was excessively excreting lithium and very deficient in cobalamin. Now all of the sudden, I have hyperthyroid symptoms. I have had to reduce my T3 thyroid meds.

I found some posts here from 2012 and one from Rich Vank that explained his theory why this might happen. Has anyone else experienced this? Were you able to stop taking thyroid meds entirely?

Last edited:

Sundancer

did not take meds for thyroid but is going too fast now( and reading your post, maybe because of methylation starting up. I've started B12 some months ago)

could you point me those posts you found

gracee41

did not take meds for thyroid but is going too fast now( and reading your post, maybe because of methylation starting up. I've started B12 some months ago)

could you point me those posts you found

I had been taking low dose methyl B12 for quite a while but my levels were super high. That's because my lithium was so deficient. All I know is within a few days of methylation starting, I went hyper. Hope someone here has some experience with this. Here is the link to the posts I found. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylation-and-thyroid-hormone.19242/

Sundancer

thanks for the link @gracee41 , cannot really help you with your question though. But from what I've read here in the last weeks I gather that you're decidedly not the only one who's getting hyper when methylation starts up.
In a small way I had that too including some sort of a crash after the initial start. Maybe lowering the thing that caused your cycle to work again maybe of help.

I did cut down a little on the amount of metcob I took, that helped. Maybe for you cutting down a little on the lithium would be of help?? No idea really, just a suggestion.
To me it feels as if the body needs time to get into new balances.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...itamins-what-would-that-be.35400/#post-555387