• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Seattle

PokerPlayer

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a doctor in Seattle area who can fit methylation into their protocol. (the whole 9 yards of testing for methylation too). Any other advice on treatment or a doctor would be great too.

Some background on me, I am 24 year old male who has more severe brain fog than fatigue. For example, I can go play 18 holes of golf without a problem and can go for a slow hour walk every day. But if it comes to doing something work oriented where I have to constantly focus I just start feeling flu like symptoms and progressively more intense brain fog until I can barely have a conversation with someone. I have been like this for a year now. It manifested first as depression and anxiety. I chose intense exercise as a treatment instead of medication, and I drove my health into the ground until I could not workout anymore because I was so weak and exhausted and feeling overstimulated at the same time.

I experimented with the "Freddd" protocol and with high dosages of mb12, adb12, methylfolate, and l-carnitine, I was able to experience a massive improvement in brain fog. As a result, my anhedonia, apathy, and dysthmia were completely relieved and I was able to enjoy life again for 2 weeks. However, I had the whole time felt a slight feeling of overstimulation, and at the end of the 2 weeks I woke up and felt extreme exhaustion and a return of brain fog. So it seems that something was working, but maybe just not in the correct amount.

PokerPlayer

ggingues,

Thanks for the reply! I have read that list yes. I am especially interested in methylation as it reduced brain fog greatly so I am looking for a doc that knows a thing or two about it.