• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation protocol without testing at first, should I test after a couple months?

gu3vara

Hi,

Just wanted to know what would be the best thing to do to ensure a proper follow up on the protocol. I can't spend 2000$ on tests, so what would give the best idea?

Amino acids and methylation pathway? How important is it to do the genetic profile from Amy Yasko?

Should I keep on taking the supplements the day of the test? Wait after the tests?

Finally, is it bad for someone with no methylation block to take those supplements (not going over 200 mcg of folapro and 2000 mcg hydroxyB12), will it overdrive methylation systematically? Pretty sure I have one considering I have CFS, but just to be on the safe side...

Thx!

Bumping this one.
Questions relevant for anybody approaching or thinking about trying the protocol.

I would have thought that even without a methylation block the protocol would help with general detox and repairing dna...no?

adreno

PR activist
I don't see any problems if you move slowly and cautiously. It's not like a few doses of folate and b12 ever killed anyone. If you can't afford the tests, I would just go for it.

gu3vara

I decided to go with a genova nutrieval test in january to see how I'm doing. I'll then wait for the results and perhaps go for a methylation panel from NJ after that. Not cheap but it's worth it after all.

I don't think one should stop the b-12 and the methylfolate the day of the test though if the point if to see how the methylation cycle is working, stopping them would probably just still show a partial block, I'd stop all the rest though.