• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation, folate and Candida/yeast overgrowth?

acrosstheveil

very sluggish, tired feeling, white fuzzy tongue, itchyness all over, and oily skin. i have not noticed unpleasant breath but, then again, i have never been able to smell my own breath. as far as i can tell, my saliva smells fine.

zzz0r

You just need to lick your finger and then smell it :). Slugish and tired can be methylation defects, itchyness can be potassium deffeciency, oily skin is something that anyone can have. So how do you know for sure that these are candida overgrowth symptoms?

acrosstheveil

saliva has zero odor. if itchyness is caused by potassium deficiency how come potassium causes itchiness for me?

i don't. i'm brainstorming.

acrosstheveil

so i don't think it was the potassium but actually the methylfolate that seems to feed whatever fungal infection i have. i've tried every single type of methylfolate and they all do the same thing and my fungal infection comes raging back.