• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

METHYLATION, B VITAMINS(ETC), SKIN RASH ITCH RESOLVED

From much research and trial and error:

1. I started a lot to produce more ATP(energy) by NADH(niacinamide),FADH2(riboflavin), methylcobalamin (B12), Peak ATP caps or powder(ATP has adenosine, a purine, that causes itch) .
  2. The itch started really getting bad
  3. I stopped everything (to stop ALL intense detox) and concentratedONLY on getting all these reactions OUT, by dry skin brushing frequently to redirect the toxins from trying to exit by the skin and “push” them back into the body to go the blood, lymph route.
  4. There I did Coffee Retention Enemas to clean the blood which had absorbed toxins from the lymph flow. The liver then detoxes the blood and itself, neutralizes it sends it out through the bile duct, harmlessly into the colon for exit.
  5. Afterwards when cleared out I will do the TMG (trimethylgylcine) regularly to get the methyl donors all the b vitamins, etc, are attempting without those side effects.
  6. TMG will rev the body up to detox and you may get some itch that will not last more than a month.(this is a genuine detox effect).
  7. TMG neutralizes Histamine which is the cause of all the itching and rashes, but you wont realize this if you are taking everything at the same time.
  8. Added thought: all detoxification requires a lot more Potassium than you are getting to keep your PH balanced at Neutral.(0)

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
That's interesting. I have no idea what it means for me. I have no itch from methylation protocols, but trace elements from my hair analysis recommended I get MORE PURINES (which was crazy because I had one gout attack -- from eating high fructose corn syrup). I think I have some issue with purines, not sure what. So maybe normal people itch on this protocol, not me.

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
So...does that fact that I don't itch mean I am not making enough ATP? Because my Dad had gout too - he was on allopurinol. And his while family, including me, craves little canned fishes...no doubt high in purines. So what would that mean??? Does no itch mean not enough ATP or does it mean something (what?) is wrong with my purine metabolism?? It is so confusing.

aaron_c

Having stumbled on this page, the TMG stops histamine thing raised my eyebrows. The thing is that right now I am trying to avoid TMG so I can switch things over to the methionine synthase pathway that is supposed to be better. So I was wondering how TMG detoxified histamine, and if something else could do it.

So to answer my own question, according to this website, it looks like it's SAMe that inactivates histamine, and thus SAMe production via the "short" or "long" route would work just the same.