Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Methylation, Adrenal Fatigue & Autoimmunity Online Talk Today

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by ahmo, Nov 14, 2014.

1. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    This is from a letter sent out by MTHFR expert Ben Lynch. I've included his content re supplementing for adrenal fatigue, which is separate from the presentation by Dan Kalish. The links may be for Lynch's proprietary products.

Ben Lynch, mthfr.net

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I'm compound hetero MTHFR.

I'm not sure I agree with adrenal cortex, and that your "adrenals get burnt out."

That's sort of the mind frame I started in, and then I learned that the adrenals don't get tired, they just do what they're told.

adreno likes this.
  3. Tired of being sick

Tired of being sick Senior Member

Western PA USA
    If you have the hyperadrenergic form of POTS..

This is whats causing your Adrenal fatigue...........

4. skyebean

skyebean

California
    I am really interested in trying the Optimal Electrolyte. Does anyone have any thoughts on the product?

5. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Sadly I think they're just trying to sell products.

MTHFR is one thing, but selling thousands of dollars worth of products because you assume it may be causing your health problems is uncalled for.

6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @skyebean There's quite a lot of ribose in the mix. You might want to test that, I thoiught it was great, but it then became excitotoxic for me.

@drob31 I noticed your initial comment, decided to let it go, but find myself back on this page.
    I just don't see how your position furthers anything. If we just ignore the adrenals and focus only on the brain, or whoever it is you think is telling them what to do, how can that help? I had a major detox event focussing on my adrenals 5 months ago. It created such enormous changes in aspects of my temperament as to be transformational. Irritability, agitation, low threshold for frustration... things I'd sought to overcome for decades, and which had been improving during my last 3 year healing journey...these essentially resolved. When they reccur I know it's time for coffee enema to clear my adrenals.

Whether we call it adrenal fatigue, adrenal burn-out, adrenal stress...probably most of us are experiencing more stresss, and hence more impact on adrenals, than ever in humman's history. the whole nature of stress, which has gone from fleeing from predator animals, to sitting in traffic day after day, worrying about jobs, money, relationships, etc. etc....the adrenals suffer, the Hypothalamic/Adrenal/Pituitary axis suffers...:balanced:

7. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Your improvement with coffee enema's is interesting, but I don't know enough about them to comment. If they are cleansing your liver, then it seems like liver issues may be the root cause of your adrenal dysfunction?

In regards to the HPA-axis, my current line of thinking is that your body doesn't want to be stuck in high or low cortisol mode. The PVN in the hypothalamus is sensing some sort of stress in the form of infection, inflammation, or blood sugar issue, etc. Because of this stress, it's releasing either too much or not enough CRH. So whatever cause it may be, it's the root cause. We can try to supplement with adaptogens and glandulars, and vitamin C, etc, but that's not addressing the root problem. Unless, of course you really do you have pituitary or adrenal tumor.

See more popular forum discussions.