• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl Trapped!

sregan

I stopped my methylation supps again, after I got my genetics decided I needed to address CBS and take into account COMT before I start the methyl machine again.

This time after stopping I wasn't feeling better within a couple of days. I have been feeling worse. I was wondering if it was potassium deficiency. Feeling very adrenally fatigued, food cravings coming back with a vengeance. Last night I was drinking sea-salt water to help with the intense cravings (which works for me pretty well). I've tried taking my multi which usually will cover if I have an "odd item" deficiency. Nothing helped but feeling very wiped out and awful.

Sleep has been mediocre at best. Found that taking Theanine with ECGC helps a lot to stay asleep and restore REM somewhat.

Today I started feeling worse. I took 2 potassium caps and no help. Then it struck me to try my MeCbl. I put about 1/10th tablet in my upper lip and within 2 minutes I was already feeling better. Within 10 minutes I was feeling good and very relieved.

Not sure what type of condition I created in my body. I even suspected I might have started a self sustaining methylation? If that even happens for anyone needing the supps?

Anyway, not sure where to go now with this. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.

sregan

Today, started with some Mb12, that's all I took this AM, feeling a little off like yesterday. Been researching CBS and B6. Decided that B6 is a necessity and seems like low dose P5P is the best way for CBS+ folks to get theirs. Took some of that a while ago and feeling somewhat better. Odd how twice in 2 days a small amount of a substance made such a difference in the way I felt.

sregan

Still tough to get up in the AM, was a little anxious this morning but feeling much better today. Not sure if I got too low in B6 maybe? I have taken nothing for supplements today. If it aint broke...