• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl-B12 Reactions? (methylcobalamin)

ONLY FOR THOSE who've tried the METHYL FORM of B12 (methylcobalamin)... How did you react?

• Extremely helpful!

• I didn't notice much of anything.

• It gave me horrific side effects! I had to discontinue!

Results are only viewable after voting.

joejack102

This post is very specific to the Methyl format of B12. Have you taken it? If so, what did you notice? Was it helpful? Was it dangerous? Did you experience side effects? If so, what side effects did you experience? Did you have to discontinue or are you still taking it?

Also, please vote in the poll about it above!

Sundancer

good effects but need to build up slow and take potassium through the day.
much less brainfog, little more energy. Much better mood and better sleep

Sundancer

well...I must admit, it did give me horrific sideeffects, but that was mostly due to the potassium shortage, once I knew that it went much better.

plus, I found that I get a sort of histaminereaction from the stuff, so when I buikd up the dose I start with taking bifido infantis, as this helps ( me) to not get that reaction.

and then the initial effect is renewed sleeplessness...

so, it is a bumpy road, but for me it is worth it, without it I would not be sitting here, typing

Oh, and looking at the brand you take, there are some other ingredients in there which I react to badly ( pepper, onions), even though the amounts are very small. I always prefer supplements with only one ingredient, if I react badly on it, I'm sure what it was that I reacted on and in what dosage.