August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Metabolomics Study

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Jackb23, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Jackb23

Jackb23

Hello,

Has anyone one had their own energy metabolism analyzed outside of a study?
    I am looking for a way to get my parents on board with possibly having me/cfs. I have presented several studies to them and have even sat down and watched unrest with my mom, but they are still in disbelief. If I could see if several of my metabolism pathways were altered and then show them, I believe this would help them understand immensely.

Thanks,
    JB

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Yes. One key test that has shown a lot of abnormalities for me is the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids and Vitamin D.

It shows Krebs cycle metabolites, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, methylation issues, amino acid deficiencies, and high level gut dysfunction and heavy metal toxicity. You can see a sample test by clicking in the link at the bottom of this page:

https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

ChrisD, Jackb23 and lafarfelue like this.
  3. Jackb23

Jackb23

Thanks!

Learner1 likes this.
  4. Second on the NutrEval. Mine shows abnormalities in all the areas Learner listed.

Be sure to get the Physician's copy, not just the Patient copy. There is a lot more info to interpret it in the Physician's copy.

Then, this is probably more for just you, but you can get additional interpretation from the NutrEval Interpretation Guide in my signature link.

Jackb23, Learner1 and anni66 like this.
  5. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Your doctor has to sign up for the Physicians copy. Its a checkbox on the doctor sign up for that defaults to "no". Ask the doctor's office if they get a 25 page physicians copy of the 6 page patient's copy - it doesn't cost more for more info, so why not? Ask the doctors office to change it in their Genova profile.

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Senior Member

Is this available in U.K?

7. anni66

anni66 mum to ME daughter

scotland
    Yes via a functional Medicine practitioner/ nutritional therapist

See more popular forum discussions.