• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

mestinon/growth hormone

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Anyone used mestinon?? Its normally used in myasthenia gravis, a muscle weakness disorder and somehow helps them but they have found it increase growth hormone especially after exercise which they say doesnt happen in fibro, so taking mestinon before exercise helps with growth hormone and recovery and also take it at night before sleep i assume to help with growth hormone at night. Its suppose to work by stopping the hormone thats stops our body from stimulating growth hormone, if that makes sense. Apparently it has been used in fibro patients before with good results, plus its alot cheaper then growth hormone. It seems like a good alternative for those of us with sleep problems as deep sleep is where growth hormone is secreted and no deep sleep, no growth hormone. We need this hormone for growth and repair of our bodies, studies of growth hormone injections in fibro patients have also been positive as well.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

i havent tried it yet. I just found it researching sleep stuff and came accross an article on fibro patients having low growth hormone from poor deep sleep stage 4 stuff and had some symptom improvement with mestinon and tests showed gh increased which they put down to the improvement, plus other studies on gh helping fibro and sleep but cost seems to be the limiting factor, mestinon if works as a gh booster is definately alot cheaper alternative, its one of these things i put on my list of things to try but not a top priority at the moment unless i stumble accross some. Of interest someone i have been in contact who had sleep problems used gh for 6 months and fixed his sleep but havent heard of others getting this help but have heard it greatly improves the quality of sleep. Baclofen a muscle relaxer is suppose to increase deep stage 4 sleep and probably gh and i have found when combined with other sleep aids it improves sleep quality.

As far as my sleep go's, its never perfect but i think using the pregnenolone hormone was upseting my sleep and giving me headaches, this didnt initially happen but sort of crept up on me, so things have improved with sleep since dropping this, but the initial energy boost from pregnenolone was great, almost felt normal for awhile, pity though.

cheers!!!

Ema

i havent tried it yet. I just found it researching sleep stuff and came accross an article on fibro patients having low growth hormone from poor deep sleep stage 4 stuff and had some symptom improvement with mestinon and tests showed gh increased which they put down to the improvement, plus other studies on gh helping fibro and sleep but cost seems to be the limiting factor, mestinon if works as a gh booster is definately alot cheaper alternative, its one of these things i put on my list of things to try but not a top priority at the moment unless i stumble accross some. Of interest someone i have been in contact who had sleep problems used gh for 6 months and fixed his sleep but havent heard of others getting this help but have heard it greatly improves the quality of sleep. Baclofen a muscle relaxer is suppose to increase deep stage 4 sleep and probably gh and i have found when combined with other sleep aids it improves sleep quality.

As far as my sleep go's, its never perfect but i think using the pregnenolone hormone was upseting my sleep and giving me headaches, this didnt initially happen but sort of crept up on me, so things have improved with sleep since dropping this, but the initial energy boost from pregnenolone was great, almost felt normal for awhile, pity though.

cheers!!!
Still 3 years behind you @heapsreal !

Did you ever try this in the end? Or hear of any others who did?

I wonder what the best dose would be?

heapsreal

WHen this thread popped up i thought wow thats an interesting thread then i realised i posted a few years ago, lol.
No i never tried it, its on one of my to do lists.
Look into memantine, seems to have a lots of effects on different things. Been using it for a little while, seems to have improved a few things, abit more energy, dreams when i sleep(maybe GH), helps with low cortisol, inflammation from tnf and a few other things. Abit off topic but thought it might be something worth looking into??

Grigor

Probably very badly. Have intestines super sensitive. Mestinon is heavy on those. But let's see. Will let you know or if I forget tag me

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
I take mestinon every day for last year, I tested positive for MG, but it is actually given to me for digestive and swallowing problems. works well for that. I take the liquid form - tastes yummy !
My muscle weakness is only some what improved, might need bigger dose for that.
RTX has really helped with my muscle weakness and all nerve problems.