• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

memory treatments???

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Most of us have bad memories, im having a shocker of a time with names which seems to be getting worse and numbers/codes etc are also another problem, sort of an information retrieval problem, it will be the next day that i will remember someones name but too late by then, lol. Im not after coping strategies like making lists etc but wonder if anyone has had any success with any supplements/medications or learning techniques that have helped them with memory problems.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

For myself the things which helped my memory (in different ways) were B12 injections and also molybdenum supplements (but probably only cause i was deficient in it.

I also found when I did a 3-5 day juice organic juice fast.. that some juice combinations helped (while others didnt) . Sorry Ive since forgotten what the juice combo was now which helped (I know it wasnt orange, I think it was a juice I made of veg). I was playing around with juicing beetroot, celery, carrot apples, pineapple etc and adding spices at times (unless it was the spice.. ive forgotten too now which were the two i was adding to juices). I wish I'd written it down what it was.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
some of the smart drugs look interesting, some i tried a few years ago with some success for energy but eventually stopped working, mainly piracetam and aniracetam but may revisit these. heres a site with a few interesting products http://www.nubrain.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=4
i would like to try adrafinil but its mainly a stimulant but wanting something that grows a few new brain cells. I have read that antidepressants like zoloft can help with neuron regeneration but struggle to tolerate them. If there is anything in the link above that others may have tried i would be interested in their experience. There was someone a few months ago who was responding to piracetam, so an update on that would be good.

cheers!!!

maddietod

Speaking of juicing, I just posted to "It's all in your gut" about my current anti-candida diet. My brain fog and memory issues are 75% better. I have no idea why this is working so well for me.....it can't be from slaughtering the yeast - it's too soon for them to be subtantially diminished.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Vitamin D3 - at least 2,000iu a day and anti candida diet and selenium (i was deficient) and dare i say it but pacing and rest?

Sing

Enough sleep, pacing, rest, the right amounts and kinds of medications (because a lot of them are too much and cause more brain fog), and working at it. Working at reading or writing or language practice, etc., to try to strengthen or rebuild connections or make new kinds of connections. There may be different ways to approach memory. There is a terrific book called My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor (if I remember her name correctly). She was a Harvard neuroscientist/researcher who had a stroke in her mid 30s which knocked out the left side of her brain. Her experience and what she learns about re-building brain function is a great read, with a lot of helpful pointers for people like us too.

Dufresne

almost there...
Phosphatidyl Choline, 6-8 gel caps a day. I used the Natural Factors 420 mg product, worked wonders. Strangely Phosphatidyl Serine did not. Of course ginkgo is helpful too.

Sing

I'm appreciating your specific suggestions. They remind me too of Dr. Sarah Myhill's and Richvank's recommendations--along the same lines.

COQ10--100mg--helps noticeably in my case too. I've been buying NOW brand, which works, but I bet Sam's Club is cheaper.