• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Meirleir Poll

I have been treated by Dr. Kenny de Meirleir and:

• I consider myself cured!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have made dramatic improvements

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I have made moderate improvements

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • it dit not help me at all. I did not get worse either

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have gotten somewhat worse

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have gotten much worse

• my health was seriously damaged

• Total voters

dadouv47

I started seeing KDM about six years ago. I would say that on the whole I have improved from functioning at around 40% to around 80% but I seem to be stuck there. I can't seem to improve any further. The best feedback I can offer is this: on the positive side, I think that he cured my EBV. I no longer get low-grade fevers and sore throats and swollen glands. This was a hallmark of my illness for over 15yrs. He also diagnosed me with Lyme and I did two rounds of IV abx, followed up with anti-microbials. The Lyme is still defintely present with all the typical symptoms. However the severity depends on my activity levels. Exercise is still very difficult for me and I suffer very much if I am too active/busy. I manage gentle pilates classes and walk some but that's about it. I haven't been around much on Phoenix for reasons other than the fact that I have improved a lot. I have been dealing with a sick son (brain tumor). So if anyone needs any further info, feel free to email me on bibo at onvol.net. Wishing you all the best healing vibes in the world!!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you the best of luck with your son!