• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEGLATHERY MD: RCCX MODULE MAY EXPLAIN OVERLAPPING SYNDROMES

AngelM

I think I better join the FB group!

Please do. I think we might be kindred spirits. About the same age, diagnosed in the same year, but only after decades of troubling symptoms. I, too, am hyper-mobile. I think people used to call me double-jointed—but not in a nice way. Always felt like a freak because I could do things with my body no one else to could do. Can still touch my toes and pull my thumbs back to touch my wrists.

I avoided participating in this group for years. Why, I don’t know. I have learned so much and people on this forum don’t shut you down if you are having a bad day. And so much knowledge in one place. I am constantly amazed at the level of expertise found here.

I am ask a fan of Megalathery. We need more people like her in this world.

Binkie4

Just thought I'd share that I have a confirmed diagnosis now of Dercum's DIsease. Still trying to work full time, but it's rough. I've had to take short term disability a couple of times. And ended up having to use a wheelchair to work in the office one day last week (I usually work from home and don't need it).

Hi PennylA

Just to say I now have a referral for a diagnosis of Dercums from a lymphologist. Very difficult to get to see one in UK. My primary diagnosis is ME/cfs for 10 years, lipolymphadema for 3 years, EDS h type, mitral valve prolapse 2 years and OI. I was average weight until the lipolymphadema struck when I was 67, since when it has been a struggle. In fact all the conditions have either worsened or developed in the last 4 years, or rather that is when I became aware of them. Has had big impact on my life. Good wishes all.