• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medscape on Cancer Fatigue: CFS, Fibromyalgia ... primarily psychosomatic diseases

Dolphin

Just thought I'd highlight this, which annoyed me. It's only a passing comment so the importance of it is unclear.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/748281

From Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research
Cancer-related Fatigue
Prevalence, Assessment and Treatment Strategies
Joachim Weis
Authors and Disclosures
Posted: 09/30/2011; Expert Rev Pharmacoeconomics Outcomes Res. 2011;11(4):441-446. 2011 Expert Reviews Ltd.

[..]

Introduction

[..]

Fatigue as a clinical phenomenon is not a new concept. There have been research activities in the 19th and 20th Centuries. Since the early 1960s, ICD-classified diseases, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, neurasthenia or fibromyalgia, are discussed as primarily psychosomatic diseases that are interpreted as somatization disorders. CRF has to be distinguished from chronic fatigue syndrome and other fatigue syndromes, although there are some similarities with respect to phenomenology and theoretical explanation.[4]

4. Servaes P, van-der-Werf S, Prins J, Verhagen S, Bleijenberg G. Fatigue in disease-free cancer patients compared with fatigue in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Support Care Cancer 9, 1117 (2001).
There is no more talk of chronic fatigue syndrome

Dolphin

Don't see myself doing it - have a bundle of work that has built up.
Great if one or more other people can.