• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical Sadism at CFS Central

caledonia

As you can see, I've never practiced Tai Chi, so didn't think of all the implications. Anyway, there would be balance issues too. You should have seen me trying to walk on a 2x4 for disability testing. Anything involving the arms is bad, showers can be bad if they're too long or too hot. Standing in one place for very long is bad. Hmmm, maybe I have more OI than I thought?

barbc56

As you can see, I've never practiced Tai Chi, so didn't think of all the implications. Anyway, there would be balance issues too. You should have seen me trying to walk on a 2x4 for disability testing. Anything involving the arms is bad, showers can be bad if they're too long or too hot. Standing in one place for very long is bad. Hmmm, maybe I have more OI than I thought?

My physical therapist asked (jokingly) if I had ever walked from point A to point B in a straight line. My balance issues come and go but I had some of this before I got sick. If I try and stand in one place for very long, I start swaying. Sigh.

Barb C.:>)