• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

media public relations blitz on dogs suffering from PTSD

I know, my dog has PTSD from watching me sit on the couch for years.

Anybody going to email them and recommend CBT and graded excercise therapy for dogs? :cool:

they get retired from service at a rate much higher than humans!

Just like their human counterparts, dogs in the military can suffer the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder and theyre doing so at a rate nearly as high as humans.

Of the dogs who show symptoms, about half are likely to be prematurely retired from service, said Walter F. Burghardt Jr., chief of behavioral medicine at the Daniel E. Holland Military Working Dog Hospital at Lackland Air Force Base.

http://www.ohmidog.com/2011/12/03/dogs-of-war-get-ptsd-as-often-as-humans/

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Poor doggies! how nasty to make them experience war. We choose to do it, they shouldn't have to.

My dog definately gets depressed when everyone else goes out to work/school and hes left with me day in day out. He puts hi little head on his paws and looks up at me with big hopeless eyes and then sighs!
My dog doesnt need CBT he needs GET as in "GET me outside for a walk right now!"