Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

#MEAction petition: MISLEADING PACE CLAIMS SHOULD BE RETRACTED

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Sasha, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    MEMum, Jennifer J, Valentijn and 6 others like this.
  2. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Awesome, thank you.

Sasha likes this.
  3. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Best case it means he's got so much vexation lined up for the pace authors and journalists who have perpetrated this fraud that they won't be able to get away with petty name-calling any more. Hopefully more vexation coming from reputable and respected members of the scientific / medical / research community. What a splendid job he's doing.

In accordance with one of his latest tweets

I have been practising my most dignified and forgiving demeanour in the mirror. It's not easy, It looks more like smug and vindictive at the moment, but I'll keep practising and maybe I'll get there. Maybe trying on a gown would help, so that my vanquished opponents may touch the hem of it.

Countrygirl, MEMum, mango and 8 others like this.
  4. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    Forgiving is fine for those who have not orchestrated this whole sorry affair. I understand entirely that people have been fed a pack of lies and twisted facts. But, personally, I will have a very hard time forgiving the people who deliberately misled and maligned. People have been dying in despair. I don't see that their actions should be forgiveable.

MEMum, Wildcat, Sidereal and 4 others like this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Are you at :angel: or more of a :smug:?

worldbackwards, MEMum and Woolie like this.
  6. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    I must admit, smug comes more naturally to me, but I'm working on being more angelic. It's a work in progress that seems to be taking a lifetime, I'll keep at it though.

Valentijn and Woolie like this.
  7. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Yes, a divide and conquer (for lack of a better term atm) approach is prudent:

Divide those that were lied to, from those that perpetrated the lies.

The former are now our allies, the latter to mutually conquer.

Woolie and Sean like this.
  8. SOC

SOC Senior Member

I imagine we're all in the same place. I don't think most people are suggesting we forgive and forget where the perpetrators of the lies and harm are concerned.

Perpetrators who want to be forgiven are going to have to demonstrate, in a big way, both their change of heart and willingness to do whatever repair can be done at this late date. I can't forgive those who don't want to be forgiven because they don't believe they did anything that needs forgiving. I can move on and put them behind me, but imo an unwillingness to acknowledge the harm they've done will lead to them continuing to do harm.

While theoretically there's a scenario where I see the possibility of forgiving White, Wesseley, Crawley, and the rest of the crew, realisticly I don't see them willing to do what is necessary to show their sincere regret and do what they can to repair the damage. The best I'm hoping for is that they are forever removed from the world of ME/CFS and that they are not allowed to abuse any other vulnerable population in the future.

As for journalists, people like Goldacre, and the average GP... well, if they're willing to say they're sorry, they were taken in by the perpetrators of the BPS School of Lies but now they know better and won't denigrate PWME anymore, I'm willing to forgive and move on.

9. burgeo10

burgeo10

So glad to see the petition reach 10k likes! However I fear it is beginning to stall out. This needs to be just the beginning! Meaction.net and its wonderful people have given us a platform for real change, but its up to us to achieve it. We need to get signatures in whatever way possible, tell everyone you know! Share on Facebook, instragram, twitter if you have them. Ask friends and family to help out. Now is our chance for change, lets not let it pass us buy.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  10. SB_1108

SB_1108 Senior Member

So uh... What's the status of this? Was the petition delivered somewhere? To the Lancet?

11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I think it's waiting on some other stuff...

@searcher?

Scarecrow likes this.
  12. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    We are working with some researchers and charities in the UK on delivery plans. More to come very soon, I promise.

13. SOC

SOC Senior Member

And the signatures are still coming in at a pretty clip. :thumbsup::D

Scarecrow, Sasha and searcher like this.
  14. searcher

searcher

SF Bay Area
    Exactly-- every signature increases the potential impact, so it still helps to sign!

Sasha likes this.
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yep, 10,600 now!

And of course there's this lovely new one, that will pile on the pressure from a new angle. Main thread here.

Woolie and Valentijn like this.
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

See more popular forum discussions.