• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MEAction petition: MISLEADING PACE CLAIMS SHOULD BE RETRACTED

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Using @Scarecrow's new system where

:rocket: = 100

:star: = 1,000

we now have

:star::star:!

PACE petition.jpg

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I tell you what's fun - refreshing the petition page every few minutes and reading out the names of the new batch of people who just signed. It's like being in the same room as everybody. I feel as though we're all standing together in a long, happy queue at a desk with the petition on it, each of us picking up the pen and signing it in turn.

You can see names from all over the world - PWME everywhere are affected by PACE. It's not a UK issue (and I'm so sorry that my country is the source of this utter crap!).

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
In order to get this going even more and raise some awareness I think it would be useful to try to reach outside the ME community.

I'm trying out the strategy of posting in some facebook groups that are NOT specific to ME (other chronic illnesses, POTS etc). we'll see if this garners any interest, but its worth a try.

Here is what I posted, feel free to use any or all of this if you have other ideas of where to post and don't feel up to composing your own:

This trial has been called "the height of clinical trial amateurism"(Dr. Bruce Levin), "a mass of un-interpretability" (Jonathan Edwards), and one prominent researcher stated "I don’t understand how it got through any kind of peer review" (Dr. Ronald Davis).
more info here:
http://www.meaction.net/…/david-tuller-tears-apart-pace-tr…/

Yet it has informed public policy around the world, and contributed to misunderstanding and mistreatment of patients.

Even if you don't have ME or CFS, please sign this petition to support patients with invisible illnesses, and scientific integrity in medical research:
http://my.meaction.net/petitions/pace-trial-needs-review-now

(I linked to ME action summary instead of the Tuller piece as I thought it would be easier and quicker for those unfamiliar with the disease or with PACE)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
In order to get this going even more and raise some awareness I think it would be useful to try to reach outside the ME community.

I'm trying out the strategy of posting in some facebook groups that are NOT specific to ME (other chronic illnesses, POTS etc). we'll see if this garners any interest, but its worth a try.

That's fantastic, Kyla, great going - a model of what to do.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
3,000!!!

:star::star::star:

Look who's signing - people all over the world:

• Stephen
    less than a minute ago
  • Nikolaj
    less than a minute ago
  • Nicolette
    about a minute ago
  • Heinz
    about a minute ago
  • Teresa
    2 minutes ago
  • Bridget
    2 minutes ago
  • Paulina
    2 minutes ago
  • Annie
    2 minutes ago
  • Beverley
    3 minutes ago
  • Leandro
    3 minutes ago

I tell you what's fun - refreshing the petition page every few minutes and reading out the names of the new batch of people who just signed. It's like being in the same room as everybody. I feel as though we're all standing together in a long, happy queue at a desk with the petition on it, each of us picking up the pen and signing it in turn.

You can see names from all over the world - PWME everywhere are affected by PACE. It's not a UK issue (and I'm so sorry that my country is the source of this utter crap!).

I saw people I asked to sign pop up before my eyes minutes after I asked them :):):)