• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Graphics and Advocacy Resources

ballard

Here's a new cartoon about Jen Brea's brilliant film "Unrest."

Holding On To Hope copy.jpg

*GG*

Can someone make this file under 50KB so I can use as new Avatar here?

GG

PS Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• unrest_graphic Host a House party Jan 2018.png
    unrest_graphic Host a House party Jan 2018.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 33

Hajnalka

Not just on your end. :)

I don't have the program or the brain (forgot everything about picture editing) to make it smaller and still ok to read, maybe someone else can help.

ballard

Here's my salute to Francis Collins (NIH Director) who happily took credit for the research using the nanoneedle that found a blood marker for ME.
According to Janet Dafoe (wife of Ron Davis at Stanford)
"That NIH grant was TERMINATED about 2 years ago because NIH said they didn't want to fund that technology anymore. That grant had funded the initial development of the nanoneedle on cancer cells & bacteria. All the ME/CFS work started AFTER that & was FUNDED BY PATIENTS@OpenMedF"
When I heard that Collins had taken credit, I actually felt like I had been physically punched, given the fact that the NIH's failure to fund research has caused me and millions like me to suffer for decades.

NIH Takes Credit copy.jpeg

Pyrrhus

The Most Underfunded Disease at the NIH
by Winston Blick of "ME/CFS Quotes"

If you compare funding and disease burden data across all diseases at the NIH for which this data is available, one disease stands out. It's ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome), a condition that afflicts 1–2.5 million Americans. Those numbers may rise drastically as a result of long COVID, which in many cases closely resembles ME/CFS.

For more resources, doctors and patients can refer to the U.S. ME/CFS Clinician Coalition: https://mecfscliniciancoalition.org
[...]
Special thanks to Andrew Vickers, who composed the soundtrack for this video. Arthur Mirin, Mary Dimmock, and Leonard Jason conducted the research into ME/CFS funding vs. disease burden that is referred to throughout this video. Read their latest research update: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32568148
---
For more informative content, follow ME/CFS Quotes (@mecfsquotes) on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.