• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Chronic Fatigue Association: Raising funds for research

Ember

Created by Derek Enlander
January 18, 2013

picture

“Raising funds to provide research in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ME CFS, a debilitating disease that ravages patients and interrupts life, education and careers. The funds will be used to research diagnosis and treatment.”

Goal: $50,000.00
$0
raised by 0 people in 10 months.

Be the First to Donate!

Select a Reward Level

Gold - $100: Supplements for ME CFS (18 of 18 left)
Platinum - $500: Phone consultation with ME CFS Expert and supplements (20 of 20 left)
Or, Donate a Different Amount

aimossy

oh my memory!
What is Dr Enlander looking into specifically or will be researching?
Can you donate from outside USA?:)

Ember

What is Dr Enlander looking into specifically or will be researching?
There are at least two threads on his clinical trials:

“Mount Sinai is conducting a study on ME/CFS, to learn more about the immune system and genomic data of patients with ME/CFS:” http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/mt-sinai-recruiting-for-pem-study.20347/

“Treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome using methylation cycle supplements in a double-blind study:” http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ew-trial-using-methylation-supplements.24397/

justinreilly

Thanks to Beaker for posting the following on another thread. He found out from Dr. Enlander there are two foundations you can donate to. The second is definitely tax-deductible, the first one, beaker thinks is tax-deductible. As Beaker pointed out, the website listed in the first post of the thread may take out a cut. If so, it would be better to donate directly to one of the below. (for example, Jen Brea wrote that kickstarter and amazon payments took 7 - 10% of the total raised for her kickstarter campaign)

Hopefully, this information can be listed in the first post, so people don't miss it.

1. Names of Foundations Caron and Derek Enlander Foundation
2. Contact information Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065
3. Who to make check out to.
Derek Enlander MD notation Caron and Derek Enlander Foundation
4. What is each foundation supporting?
Medical Research in these specific areas

Cancer research
ME/CFS research especially treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Fibromyalgia cause and treatment
Lymes Disease
Want to know specifically where the money is going and how it will be used..
as specified above

==============================================
1. Names of Foundations

Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
c/o Derek Enlander MD
860 Fifth Avenue
New York NY 10065
3. Who to make check out to.
Mount Sinai ME/CFS Center
4. What is each foundation supporting?
Medical Research in these specific areas

ME/CFS research especially treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Ember

As Beaker pointed out, the website listed in the first post of the thread may take out a cut.
Terms & Conditions
Posted by GoFundMe Team
Apr 01
GoFundMe charges a flat fee of 5% on all payments collected. The service works with WePay in the USA and PayPal internationally to ensure that all donations go directly to you automatically – and in real-time. If you’re raising money for your favorite charity, or donating to a ‘Charity Donation’ campaign, those payments are processed by FirstGiving and are delivered to your selected charity or non-profit at least once per quarter (often times more frequently).

In addition to GoFundMe’s 5% fee, users are also agreeing to one of the following fees, along with the linked Terms & Conditions found below, based on the user’s selection during the GoFundMe sign-up process. Only one (1) of the fees described below will be applied per GoFundMe campaign – not a combination thereof:

US Users ONLY: WePay charges a fee of 2.9% AND $0.30 per transaction. Read WePay’s Terms & Conditions.

International Users ONLY: PayPal will charge 2.9% AND $0.30 per transaction. Read PayPal’s Terms & Conditions.

Charity Users ONLY: FirstGiving charges a flat fee of 4.25%. Read FirstGiving’s Terms & Conditions.

All fees are deducted from each transaction automatically so you’re never billed for anything.

GoFundMe is not the same company as PayPal, WePay, or FirstGiving and their fees and commissions are subject to change without notice from us....