• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Scientific Conference Schedule/ Registration Now Ready

Hope123

IACFS/ME (the International Association for CFS/ME) will be hosting a scientific conference about ME/CFS next March 20-23, 2014 at the Parc 55 Hotel in San Francisco, California, USA. The conference is usually well-attended with several hundred people coming from throughout the US and the world. IACFS/ME has been hosting conference every 2-3 years for the last 2 decades.

The Conference lasts 4 days and patients and their families are welcomed to attend the entire 4-days or choose to attend only the first day. The first day is a Patient Conference consisting of talks tailored to the general public and lasts all day. The remaining 3-days are directed at physicians and scientists and are much more technical.New research is presented at the Conference months ahead of the time it is published in journals.

Usually, organizers try to set aside a small quiet room in the hotel during Conference hours all 4-days for patients to rest/ lay down as needed. In addition, some US residents may qualify for tax deduction of their registration fees and transportation costs to the conference.
[See http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc502.html]

See the tentative schedule and register for the Conference in the link below:
http://www.iacfsme.org/

Mark

I'd like for us to cover this conference. We have a budget to pay for things like this, which can include travel expenses, so if anybody out there can get to this and would be interested in writing about it for PR, please contact me.