• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Patient Demonstration - S.F., CA - March 20th and March 21st, 2014

Wally

ME/CFS Patient Demonstration in S.F. on Thursday, March 20, 2014 and Friday March 21, 2014

What: ME/CFS* Patient Demonstration for a Devastating Illness Hiding In Plain Sight.

Where: In front of the U.S. Health and Human Services Department (HHS) in San Francisco, CA located at the Federal Building at 90 Seventh Street. http://www.hhs.gov/about/regions/r9contacts.html

When: Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 12:30 to 1:30 pm and Friday, March 21, 2014 from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.

Why: To Publicly Support Patients With this Illness and to Shame the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Department for Its Deplorable Handling of this Illness.

In addition, this Demonstration will serve as a vehicle to educate the public, our medical professionals and the U.S. Congress about the truth of this illness. We are also requesting that the U.S. Congress investigate the actions/inactions of the HHS, as well as to immediately review funding levels for this illness.

ME/CFS is an illness that conservatively affects over 17 million people worldwide. This illness has been hiding in plain sight for over thirty years; please help us shine a light on this illness.

If you would like additional details about this demonstration, please contact Susan Kreutzer at MECFSNEID@gmail.com.

[Permission granted to re-post this announcement on other sites.]

*ME/CFS = Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome