Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, May 12, 2014.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I apologize if that came off short-winded. I didn't know LSD and other drugs are derived from mold. I haven't tried them either but I thought LSD was made from something in grains.

That's a different story, though. I have all those and much, much worse brain symptoms. Psychosis, dementia, amnesia, blackouts, used to have seizures.. my disease trigger was encephalitis though so I don't know how much that plays a part.

I'm preparing to move out to the desert to see if it will help me. I don't know if I'm infected with mold or not but I have the HLA defect and it can't hurt to try.

2. TXLadybug

TXLadybug

Ergot fungus is what grows on grains and is used to make LSD. It is also believed that this fungus is what caused the hallucinations that led to the Salem Witch trials.

Where in the desert are you going. I moved to the desert in the middle of nowhere in Arizona for 6 months and it really helped me.

3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Crazy huh? Cocaine and Windex are gluten free, too

Wow, I'm happy to hear it helped you! I'm looking at eastern utah/northern Arizona. I'm going very minimal to get away from as much exposure as possible. The only thing I'm having trouble with is a sleeping pad- seems like their all polyurethane foam.

4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Aerose91,

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It makes life so incredibly difficult.

5. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    TXLadybug,

Some of those symptoms sound familiar. I have suspicions that mold is a factor for both me and my son Jesse being chronically ill.

6. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
  7. TXLadybug

TXLadybug

I slept in the backseat of a truck during the six months. I just had about 3 100% cotton blankets between me and the seat and I used a rolled up blanket as a pillow. By then my chemical sensitivities were mostly under control, so this was not as much of an issue for me. I was lucky my dad lent me a truck that was a little over a year old - so it was not brand new for the chemicals to get me, but it was also not old enough to have mold in it (especially the a/c).

Wow, weird that you mentioned windex. It actually has ammonia which is something that I know of that cleans mycotoxins. Borax is good for washing mold. When I was extremely sensitive, not even washing stuff with ammonia and borax would help me. The mold is like a plant that is growing, but the mycotoxins are the poison that it gives off. I was diagnosed with mycotoxicosis. I know of a dr. that has his patients take baths with ammonia. This idea just terrifies me because of my chemical sensitivities. He is someone that was sick with mold poisoning so I really respect what he is doing.

I have found that most people can figure out a symptom that happens to them when they are exposed to mold and/or mycotoxins. When you are healthier it could be sneezing or coughing. My symptoms were that for mold i would feel something in my liver and then I would burp (at one point, I would immediately have to runt to the bathroom). It was gross, my husband said I sounded like a drunken sailor. Mycotoxins would cause severe weakness and knee pain. I would also get nausea sometimes. It was gross, my husband said I sounded like a drunken sailor.

This was very important because I was able to see that the mold exposures were what was triggering my chemical sensitivities. From my viewpoint, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity is a side effect of mold poisoning.

I was living in Dallas going to a clinic for treatment. When a new person showed up with massive amounts of mold on her clothes people were able to figure out what their symptoms were. One person got brain fog, etc. (I had brain fog all of the time.)

I think that p450 cytochrome pathways are what metabolizes mycotoxins. I do think that cleaning out your liver is the most critical piece. Of course this includes cleaning out your intestines and kidneys first so they don't get overloaded from cleaning the liver. I did this very slowly because it can make you very sick when you are as toxic as we are.

8. TXLadybug

TXLadybug

@Jody
    I am sorry to hear about your son. Does he have the same symptoms that you do?

9. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    TXLadybug

Some of his symptoms are like mine and some aren't. He has the brainfog, no short term memory, vertigo, POTS, OI, sleep disturbances for instance, though mine are all much improved. His are worse than mine now. But he does not have pain and muscle stiffness.

Thanks for asking.:)

10. TXLadybug

TXLadybug

@Jody
    I have to tell you that I love your writing. :thumbsup:
    Glad to hear you have improved.
    As for your son, I met someone that suffered from the same symptoms as your son. She is a doctor who got herself well, after being very ill. This link is for a lecture she gave, it is long but I would recommend you listen to the following:
    13:09
    29:08
    42:18
    47:17
    55:41
    http://present.knowledgevision.com/account/kv-pr/subaccount/vpm/link/Nagy_Penn_Feb2012

The one thing that sometimes help me to sleep better is powdered magnesium with calcium called (calm) before bed. You add it to warm water. Any supplement in liquid form works way better for me.
    Good Luck!

11. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    TXLadybug,

I'm glad you like my writing.:) Thanks for the info.

See more popular forum discussions.