• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Action: Tell Francis Collins to release ME FOAS now

aaron_c

They responded!

December 30, 2016

Update on Funding Opportunity Announcement for ME/CFS Research Consortium
On October 21, 2016, NIH announced its intent to publish a major funding opportunity for a Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome research consortium: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-NS-17-004.html. The early notice has allowed researchers to develop initial plans and collaborations to maximize their chances of competing successfully for the forthcoming funding opportunities. NIH had planned to release the solicitation for grants by the end of December 2016. However, due to a high level of interest from multiple NIH Institutes and Centers, several rounds of revisions were required, and a number of finishing touches are necessary to optimize the funding announcements. NIH expects the FOAs will be released by the end of January 2017. Importantly, this change does not affect the start date of the actual research, which remains scheduled to proceed this fall after approval by the NIH Councils.

NIH remains committed to advancing the understanding of the biological basis of ME/CFS and developing treatments that will reduce the burden of illness due to ME/CFS. We believe that establishing a consortium of researchers working together will be a significant step forward in achieving this mission.

Edit: I see this is being covered on this thread.