Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

MCAS doctor in Australia

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by salty, Jul 23, 2018.

1. salty

salty

hey there
    i've been looking through the forums to try to find MCAS doctors in australia but no dice so far
    i have an immunologist who my gp referred me to with a letter saying 'possible MCAS' which i think he took to mean 'i must now disprove it'
    my gp even called the head of immunology who said that she doesn't believe in MCAS because she doesn't think there is any definitive testing to prove that diagnosis - which is, yknow, hilariously ironic when you consider the whole CFS thing.
    is anyone in australia getting MCAS help? from an actual immunologist or whatever?
    thanks!
    x salty

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @salty This is why I've pretty much given up on doctors. :( Good luck.:hug:

3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

@salty prof Pete smith at qld allergy centre is supposedly the best.
    Please let me know how it works out with him.

What symptoms of yours indicate mcas?

4. salty

salty

hey @knackers323 lots of symptoms! intolerance to nearly all meds, bad sinusitis/rhinitis, PUFFINESS all over, huge weight gain following 4 back surgeries i.e. opiates. thanks! i'll look into prof pete smith. i may just have convinced my immunologist in sydney to help me but i dunno, he's really hard work

@ahmo - yeah it's such a crapshoot ;(

x salty

5. salty

salty

oh also a positive dx of bowel bx with CD117 stain

6. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

7. salty

salty

See more popular forum discussions.