• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MCAS and ANA

notmyself

hi, sorry for the off topic since is not about ME/CFs, but here is the only section i can post ..Would ANA will be elevated in MCAS or any mast cell disorder?! since ANA is showing autoimunity

Lisa108

since ANA is showing autoimunity
Just to split some hairs:
If you have ANAs, you very likely have an autoimmune disease. (Although some healthy people/elderly people will show ANAs, too).
But not all autoimmune diseases are caused by ANAs, as these are just one type of autoantibodies.
For example, in Hashimoto (an autoimmune disease), you won't find ANAs, but TPO and/or TG (auto)antibodies.

A list of autoimmune diseases associated with ANAs is here.

notmyself

i don't have ANA, not even close...that's the thing..i kinda suspect MCAS but just don t want to start again going to doctors..especially since MCAS is very hard to diagnose aswell...

Gingergrrl

i don't have ANA, not even close...that's the thing..i kinda suspect MCAS but just don t want to start again going to doctors..especially since MCAS is very hard to diagnose aswell...

I think you guys are using “ANA” to mean two different terms. ANA is the abbreviation for anaphylaxis but it is also the acronym for “anti nuclear antibodies” (general test for autoimmunity) in case this helps.

notmyself

I think you guys are using “ANA” to mean two different terms. ANA is the abbreviation for anaphylaxis but it is also the acronym for “anti nuclear antibodies” (general test for autoimmunity) in case this helps.
yes..i meant the anti nuclear antibodies..wich i test twice for them and come back negative ...as for anaphylaxis ,is a hallmark of mcas or not?..thanks

Lisa108

I meant antinuclear autoantibodies, too. As for information about MCAS I only know a Swiss homepage (English translation available). Don't know it this is helpful, but here is the link.

Gingergrrl

Sorry for my confusion @notmyself and when you said you didn’t have ANA, I thought you might’ve been referring to anaphylaxis. Sorry I misunderstood!