• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Making Petitions go further

Keela Too

Sally Burch
What things have you done to help get petitions moving? Please share ideas here.

I wrote a blog post and I suggested the following tactics:
http://sallyjustme.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/petitions-changing-world-one-signature.html
  • If you share a petition online, add your own short comment because people respond better to individual stories.
  • If you happen to know any celebrities (or even just some-one with a huge media following) then encourage them to share your post too.
  • When you share a petition consider making your comment public, so that even people you don't know can hear your story.
  • Share that important petition more than once, because most of us don't sign the first time we see a petition.
  • Think about places beyond ME circles, where people might sign if you asked them.

I could probably add more... like putting the links in a signature line on forums. ;)

So what else ?

Last edited:

Keela Too

Sally Burch
I've just added a comment to several of the FB posts sharing the petitions - which both bumps the petition up the page and adds some excitement... I hope:

"Almost 1000 signatures on UK gov petition already! ie less than 24 hours in! Let's keep these two petitions moving. :) "