• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnets

digital dog

I realise that I have gone officially mad but has anyone tried magnets? A friend has suggested I try a ladymagnet for hormones problems. She said that after two days her hot flashes stopped.
Is desperation making me go insane? Are magnets worth trying for pain etc?
I did look at all the reviews and I was impressed but I'm so sceptical.
Anyone?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
A friend has suggested I try a ladymagnet for hormones problems.
Well no idea about "ladymagnets!"
Are magnets worth trying for pain etc?
But I have some tiny gold plated, 2500 gauss magnets from Japan that definitely do help me with joint/muscle pain. Perhaps they increase circulation? I get really tough pain in the sacroiliac joint from EDS (it slips out of place) and sticking a few of these tiny magnets on the area reduces the pain significantly--for me! The brand I have is Accu Band. They work, but I really don't know why.

digital dog

That seems to be the overall feeling about magnets. ON the review sections three quarters of people derive some sort of relief. I will try a ladymagnet as I do not have to pay for it and i can't imagine it will be problematic.
I will let people know if I suddenly start springing out of bed!!!