• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mady Hornig talk in Sweden: Trancript and slides!

aimossy

'Dr Mady Hornig’s storming science in ME/CFS at conference in Sweden!'
http://microbediscovery.org/2016/03...ing-science-in-mecfs-at-conference-in-sweden/

"Dr Mady Hornig, MD, Director of Translational Research at the Center for Infection and Immunity at Columbia University, made a brilliant presentation at the RME Sweden Severe ME conference in late October last year.

Dr Hornig went into more depth about their published cytokine work, as well as what they are working on and trying to achieve. The talk was jam-packed with great science and information. Dr Hornig talks about the crisis in funding, looking at gene expression and gene variants, screening for up to 1.7 million vertebrate viruses, metabolomics, looking at how the immune system and the microbiome could affect metabolism and the brain – and much, much more!

Here’s the full transcript of the talk, together with most of the slides. It is a long piece – but very much worth reading! Even if you can’t quite grasp the science, it is almost impossible to not notice the depth and quality of investigation and effort going on with Columbia CII’s research into ME/CFS. Thanks to RME Sweden it is available to be viewed on YouTube."

aimossy

Dr Hornig talks about how the immune system and the microbiome could affect metabolism and the brain in the very last part of the talk, so you will have to scroll down for just that info.

Last edited: