• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C

Andrew

Someone in my CFS support group told me that Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C was making her feel much better, and she added that someone else in the group was having good success with it too. I was skeptical because nobody with CFS seems to be helped by vitamin C, even in IV form. I'm also skeptical of any "new and improved" vitamin C.

Anyway, at my friends urging, I bought a box. I was taking 2 to 4 packs a day. Some days I forgot. I think this might actually be helping me. I am able to sit up for longer periods of time, and walk around a little more. Could be coincidence, though.

Anyone else tried this?

kat0465

whats the difference in Lypo-spheric vit c, and the plain old every day one?? i take Vitamine c a lot, and fel that it helps my sore throats & my colds arent as bad as when im off of it.
Kat

Kathi

It's the delivery system that makes the difference.It has maximized bio-availability delivered via liposomal nano-spheres. Lipsosomal nanspheres are very tiny , around 300 nanometers in diameter. 3000 nanosperes in a single file would span a distance as long as a hyphen. Dr. Thomas Levy, cardiologist, says comparing the bioavailabilty of oral vitamin C with oral lipsomal delivery is like comparing a squirt gun to fire hose. He also believes it to be better than IV injection of C. I have used it since 2007.

Kathi

susan

I heard a young 15 yr old boy in New Zealand got Swine Flu and every anti biotic was used and he was in a critical condition. His parents urged the hospital to try the new form of Vit C and he made a quick recovery. The hospital did not want to do this but I think they were put under such pressure they had to give in and administer it. Thomas Levi now makes the same form of Gluthathione

Kathi

Let me say I am a big believer in Vitamin C from the get go. Just before I went to Dr Pierotti at the Fibro and Fatigue Center, I was supplementing with high doses of C to bowel tolerance levels. For me this was 20 - 25 grams. The first day I herxed for well over 12 hours. I vomitted and had diarrhea. I thought I was going to die, but the most amazing thing started to happen over the course of the next month. I went from being severely ill and barely walking, to starting to come around. A few months before that, I was barely able to walk and once I tried the C, I was able to start walking one mile a week with some post exertional malaise, but I couldn't do that before. I have been an avid d fan of Dr. Alfred Klenner and his work with vitamin C from the 30's and 40's. He cured 33 different diseases with C. Google him up and read the information. It is nothing short of amazing!!!! He even saved his son from a serious illness with C. BTW, you want to know what Dr. Pierotti said to me, " Linus Pauling died from cancer" What an infantile mind!!!! I was living proof that I was getting better and improving on it. That tells you why the so called expert never had a clue about anything.

Taking Liposomal C gets the C into the cell without the major aggravation of taking C throughout the day.It is at least 3to 5 times more potent that the regular C. It bypasses the stomach and gets where it is needed quickly. It works for cardiovascular issues such as congestive heart failure, which I now have thanks to Dr. Pierotti. It also works so much better than regular C. But regular C still works too. So if you don't want the expense, try regular C. I can't say it will work for everyone, but I know it worked for me.

The first day I got it in the mail, I was coming down with something. Even though I was still doing the C to bowel tolerance, something was working in me. I take the liposomal C that I get in the mail and it knocks whatever it was right out of me. Amazing to say the least!! I have a brochure that tells about a person from Kansas that got CFS from Incline Village. This person swears by liposomal C helping their symptoms.You be the judge for yourself. Only you and your body will know if it works for you. I have many more examples and if you need to know more just let me know.

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Hi Kathi -

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately Lypo-Spheric C is out of my price range (which sucks because I have a lot of GI problems and can't take even Ester- C; I'm going to try calcium ascorbate powder, but if that doesn't work...:confused:).

Btw - How quickly did you see noticeable improvements with Lypo-Spheric C? Did you stop taking the other forms of C when you started it?

Kathi

As I said, from the first time I used liposomal C, I had success. But I also had success with regualr vitamin C too. I just used plain old ascorbid acid in powdered form.

Kathi

liverock

Researchers Achieve Cancer-Killing Effect With Oral-Dose Vitamin C

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi144.html

In an overlooked study first published in 2008, for the first time, using a special liposomal form of oral-dose vitamin C, researchers in Britain demonstrated it is possible to achieve cancer-killing blood concentrations of this vitamin without undesirable side effects.

Heretofore, National Institutes of Health Researchers claimed the maximal concentration of vitamin C that can be achieved following oral intake is not sufficient to produce a cancer-killing effect. Now British researchers demonstrate they were able to achieve blood concentrations of vitamin C that were twice what was incorrectly reported to be maximal, and in the range of what is known to be selectively toxic to tumor cells, yet not harmful to healthy cells.

A lot more iinfo in the rest of the article.

cfs since 1998

Could someone look at this article and see if you can figure out what level of C is needed to kill cancer. I can't figure it out.

It looks like it is not in the article or abstract of the study. One would have to have access to the journal it was published in to see the full text, or buy the full text article online ($40). I think there are a few members here who have access or subscriptions to this kind of stuff.

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13590840802305423

liverock

Could someone look at this article and see if you can figure out what level of C is needed to kill cancer. I can't figure it out.

Andrew

If you go to the bottom of the article there is an email link to the author of the article Bill Sardi and as it states he welcomes questions.
I have emailed him in the past and got questions such as this answered along with study references.

Andrew

Thanks, Susan. I didn't ever realize it existed in softgels. In fact, I was more confused than that. I didn't realize there were several brands of this. I thought Lypo-Spheric was all there was to it.

Kathi

Dr. Neil Rierdon's father ( the stem cell doctor in Costa Rica and Panama ) used Vitamin C to kill cancer in his clinic in Arizona. He has since died, but I am sure they are still using it there

Dr. Ciomoncini ( spelling) is using baking soda in Italy to cure cancer.

Dr. Brazinsky ( spelling) in Texas has been successful with brain cancer not using drugs of any kind. They government jailed him because he was so successful, but the National Health Federation got him out. Apparently he was sending his cure through the mail to very ill people and that is the way the government tripped him up.

carolwxyz99

I had i.v.Vit C for breast cancer a couple of years ago and that helped my ME/CFS a bit too. I had 75g i.v. 3 times a week for 5 weeks. And that, combined with i.m. artesunate brought my cancer cell count down from 6.9 to 2 (have to keep it below 5).

I don't know how much liposomal Vit C is needed to kill cancer cells. Levy in his talk says that 5-6 sachets is clinically superior to 50 g i.v. I know that there are several different protocols around in the UK at the mo, and some are combining both i.v. and liposomal together. I am in the process of finding out about the dosage for myself, as I wish to take a course of the liposomal form. I've been told that at minimum it is 6 sachets a day for a couple of months. But there are people taking a lot more per day. If I find out more I'll post.