• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yes and Sushi what does it means that there are over 100 strains of Lyme. I am not sure what strains means tried to translate it but came something weird. How many types of borellia do we have. More than these two garinii and burgdorferi. Sorry all my dumb questions I just dont know nothing about this.

Strains are sort of like different types of Borrelia. Any given Lyme test usually only will recognize certain types or strains. Probably few (if any) tests will recognize the strain that is found in Iceland. There are over 100 strains or types that have been found in different countries of the world. In each country they test for just the strains that are found in the region. In Europe they test for more strains than in the US (I've read).

So it would be interesting to ask your doctor if the test used on you would recognize the garinii strain or type.

Best,
Sushi

So it would be interesting to ask your doctor if the test used on you would recognize the garinii strain or type.

He tested me for borrelia burgdorferi is that not just one type or?