• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme test results

I received my results back from my western blot test and by CDC standards, I am negative.

I had no bands present for IgM.

I had bands 18 and 66 present for IgG.

Band 66, apparently is not specific to lyme. As for band 18, there seems to be different opinions on whether it is Lyme specific or not. Is it possible that something, other than Lyme, can cause a positive for band 18?

Rlman

get the IGENEX test for Lyme. At least the IGG and IGM western blot. That's what most people use nowadays. It's way more accurate than the CDC apparently. Otherwise if symptoms suggest Lyme you can try a trial of antiLyme treatments to see if you feel a herx or change in how you feel which would suggest you have lyme.

get the IGENEX test for Lyme. At least the IGG and IGM western blot. That's what most people use nowadays. It's way more accurate than the CDC apparently. Otherwise if symptoms suggest Lyme you can try a trial of antiLyme treatments to see if you feel a herx or change in how you feel which would suggest you have lyme.

I see that mine went to ARUP in Utah, so maybe another westen blot is in order.

Thanks @Rlman