• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme Disease information bill to become law

Jarod

:)

The legislation will require state Department of Health officials to provide information to doctors regarding the possibility of inaccurate negative results and an ensuing misdiagnosis of Lyme. Doctors must then disclose this information to patients.
Comstock called the new law, which goes into effect July 1, a “great step in raising awareness about this terrible disease.”
“Passage of this legislation is important to so many of my constituents who have Lyme Disease or have someone in their life who suffers from this disease,” Comstock said in a prepared statement. “So often, they go untreated and undiagnosed for months and even years.”

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article...tion-bill-to-become-law&template=fairfaxTimes

xchocoholic

I tested negative for Lyme via Quest and with all my other health issues I never pursued this.

So which tests are accurate ? Igenex ?

And does anyone know if this shows up in CDSAs ? I'm negative for bad bacteria via Metametrix cdsa testing but do they test for these bacteria ?

How about for all the co-existing infections that accompany Lyme ?

FWIW, I'm looking for more progress than this when it comes to Lyme treatments. Simply telling patients that the labs are inaccurate leaves a huge hole in Lyme dx and treatments.

tc ... x