The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lufenuron : Has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by Asklipia, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

2. South

South Senior Member

Southeastern United States
    The crowd over at Curezone's candida forum have lots of comments about it, many from about 6 years ago (I think that's when lufenuron first became more discussed there). It didn't cure most of the people on that forum who tried it, although there may have been a few who got well from it.

I think somewhere I read that people who combine it with other antifungals get better results.

Asklipia likes this.
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Funny. I was just looking at this and didn't get any responses to a similar query last month.

Anyway, it's cheap enough and seems pretty benign overall so I'll give it a shot. I plan to take it along with Diflucan.

I took Diflucan alone for a month after starting LDN flared yeast very badly. It worked well enough but symptoms returned within 5 days of stopping it so obviously it wasn't a cure. I'm not sure LDN will be worth this candida problem!

Asklipia likes this.
  4. melamine

melamine Senior Member

Upstate NY
    I have used Lufenuron and plan on using it again.

5. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

Could you report on the effects please?

6. melamine

melamine Senior Member

Upstate NY
    I was unsure of whether a subtle but unusually positive change in my health a few weeks later had anything to do with it or not because there are always variables and the change was not immediate. I can say that I felt no side effects of any kind.

Unfortunately, I had some surgeries the next 2 months that knocked me back to worse than pre-Lufenuron condition, where it's remained. I am anticipating more surgeries - and antibiotics, so I don't plan to use it for awhile, but because of my previous experience and the possibility of the Lufenuron having been responsible, I will not hesitate using it again.

I am also interested in the Sanum therapies for Candida after reading another thread you had started, but have not had a chance to look into it more or find sources for obtaining products.

I see that @Ema said she was taking it with Diflucan and I'm wondering why she thought that was necessary.

sianrecovery and Asklipia like this.
  7. Aspie Lymie

Aspie Lymie

Any more people have tried it since then? Is it efficient?

8. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    I have tried it and took it before taking Nystatin. Didn't have any major nasty side effects from it and the Nystatin was worse (lot of nausea) but I think it made the Nystatin more potent which was good because I made an improvement on the Nystatin and energy went up. Only thing that did happen after taking the Lufenuron was I developed a temporary hay fever type symptom which may or may not have been linked and it was winter so not real hay fever. I would take again if I felt I needed to.

Aspie Lymie likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.