The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Low Vitamin D Levels Linked to Depression

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by CFS_for_19_years, Apr 8, 2015.

1. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    http://doctormurray.com/low-vitamin-d-levels-linked-to-depression

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I was on vitamin D for a year with no major benefit. I am back on it because I know I keep being told I am low and yet I see no benefits. I wish it was as simple as popping a pill of vitamin D. Many do report a major difference though.

3. 5150

5150 Senior Member

I have noticed that Vit D is made in various forms and qualities.
    Recently I began taking an oil emulsion form, which should make it more bio-available than the hard tablets.
    It mixes with water, once a day. Seems to help, as I'm still alive. Was very sick .

Misfit Toy likes this.
  4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Mine is also oil but in a gel cap. The one you mix with water sounds great. Anything I drink down usually works.

5. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

5150 likes this.
  6. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

A very interesting article on (counterproductiveness) of vitD supplementation

Why I don’t take vitamin D supplements

A closer examination shows that low vitamin D levels may be a consequence, not a cause, of poor health. And that supplementation with Vitamin D may actually be counterproductive...

7. 5150

5150 Senior Member

The one I have is Bio-D-Mulsion Forte by Biotics Research , www.bioticsresearch.com It's in a 1 fl oz squeeze-drip.
    It's my first time used, and was part of a talk with a naturopath. So we shall see what happens with more time.

Misfit Toy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.