• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

low iron?

Wonkmonk

Coconut oil (in coffee)
Dinner (my breakfast) is some form of meat/chicken/fish and green salad
A handful of almonds and/or unsweetened almond milk shake with avocado
Another salad drenched in olive oil
6-8 eggs and peanut butter before bed

Almonds, peanuts, coffee, milk and eggs all inhibit Iron absorption, so your bioavailable intake may be too low even though actual numbers seem high enough.

Here are some tips to increase Iron absorption naturally (though it may not all be consistent with your keto diet:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...roved-for-rituximab.52076/page-35#post-950915

Last edited:

outdamnspot

Almonds, peanuts, milk and eggs all inhibit Iron absorption, so your bioavailable intake may be too low even though actual numbers seem high enough.

Here are some tips to increase Iron absorption naturally (though it may not all be consistent with your keto diet:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...roved-for-rituximab.52076/page-35#post-950915

This is becoming complicated! I think the most problematic thing would be if coffee enemas affect iron absorption the way drinking coffee does. Maybe @ahmo could help? I drink coffee two hours away from my main iron-rich meal but the enema is typically done right before, since it makes me hungry immediately afterwards.

I'll stop using almond milk in my smoothies as well.

outdamnspot

I emailed Dr Lawrence Wilson who claims he's never seen any instances of anemia caused by Coffee Enemas.

I consumed the same mixture last night (smooth incl kale, sunflower seeds etc.). It's clearly not a placebo effect because I was immediately hit by the same 'lethargy' and spent the remainder of the night feeling calm but depressed and unmotivated. It seemed to put my body in a more parasympathetic state. I slept better, but feel the same way today .. depressed and unmotivated. I don't think the Magnesium content was high -- I measured out 1/4 cup of seeds, which is approx. 40mg -- so either I am exceedingly sensitive, or something is happening .. like a deficiency being corrected as @pamojja suggested?

fishboy9320

When I took iron with vitamin c to increase absorption I just felt worse. Maybe because I am deficient in other vitamins idk. But vitamin c is an antioxidant which kills free radicals while iron causes radicals. So they both kind of go hand in hand and counteract each other.