• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low heart rate anyone ?

tyson oberle

My pulse is often in the 40's. I think that is why I often feel dizzy, weak, terrible cold intolerance, and maybe brain fog (cognitive difficulties). When I can muster up the energy, I raise my heart rate by jumping on a trampoline for about 6 minutes or doing a few sets of push-ups or body dips or sometimes a few sets of pull-ups. Even though I try not to push myself too much, I am not sure if I am doing anything helpful.

Dechi

My pulse is often in the 40's. I think that is why I often feel dizzy, weak, terrible cold intolerance, and maybe brain fog (cognitive difficulties). When I can muster up the energy, I raise my heart rate by jumping on a trampoline for about 6 minutes or doing a few sets of push-ups or body dips or sometimes a few sets of pull-ups. Even though I try not to push myself too much, I am not sure if I am doing anything helpful.

It is possible to have a low heart rate when healthy. My heart rate was low when I was healthy and stayed low when I fell ill (with very rapid peaks occurring on and off). My dad also has a very slow heart rate and is healthy. I think it doesn’t help, but it might not be the cause of our problems.

About dizziness, in my case I have 2 types of feeling dizzy : one because I get up too fast, which is due to low blood pressure and that I always had, and one that happens on and off and can last all day, even when sitting, this one due to ME.

Everyone is different and this is very complicated...