• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lots of systems

I have all the systems of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a lot more. I have so many ailments it would take a book to explain them. The doctors can not help and the more meds they give me the sicker I become. It all started 15 years ago after a back operation which made my breathing bad and I've went down hill ever since. I'm 70 years old and I have had just about every test you can think of and they can't find anything wrong with me. It's not in my head because I have a 25 year old diary with all my failing health. When I get sick what can I do? Seeing a doctor won't help so I drink a lot of water which helps me so I think. Anyway my question is why not a juice fast? I tried one about 30 years ago by the book and after 6 days I was so weak I could hardly walk. Anyway there is no cure for me so I wonder why not try some kind of juice fast, one I could do without falling down from weakness when I go to the bathroom? If I was to die doing this at least I tried to help myself. Maybe I'm losing my mind but I don't know what else to do.

ahmo

I've tried fasting a few times since my illness. Not juice, more like 5/2 fast, or fast-mimicking diet. But I found that it's way too hard on my adrenals.

Doctors haven't helped me, and lab tests have been useless. What changed my condition around was GAPS diet (no gluten, dairy; hi fat), correcting metyhlation (links in my signature), and detox. I still have limited energy, but my life is now worth living. Maybe methylation isn't for you, I can't know that. But if you look through some of the forums here, you might find a pth that sounds like it makes sense to you.