• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Look what I have been up to !

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
Looking for opinions ~ When I was first dx with CFS in the 80's they did a brain scan on me and said I had a lot of brain lesions, is this something others have with CFS and would the RTX take care of those ?

jimells

Looking for opinions ~ When I was first dx with CFS in the 80's they did a brain scan on me and said I had a lot of brain lesions, is this something others have with CFS and would the RTX take care of those ?

I can't answer your question about RTX but many folks here report that their MRIs show what's frequently described as "punctate hyperintensities" or something like that. Since nobody knows what they mean, then obviously they don't mean anything. :bang-head:

drob31

Lesions are also associated with antiphospholipid antibodies, an autoimmune condition which could mimic CFS like symptoms.

Have you ever been tested for that, or is EBV an open and shut case? In which case EBV could have caused the autoimmunity or APA's.

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
@drob31, thanks for the info, I was just curious if my brain fog is better because possibly the RTX did something to the lesions. I was dx in the 1980's for EBV - in their minds it was a shut case. Never been tested for antiphospholipid antibodies.

Hip

I tried to send the link to a friend but as it seems to be in a member only section (why is this?) he couldn't open it.
It isn't in a Members Only section, rather a public one.

It seems that you need to be a forum member (and logged in) to see the full size version of images attached to posts. I could not access the image once I logged out.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It seems that you need to be a forum member (and logged in) to see the full size version of images attached to posts. I could not access the image once I logged out.
But once you are logged in you can copy and paste an image.