• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liver Flush and Biotoxins

ChrisD

About three weeks ago I undertook the infamous Andreas Moritz Liver Flush, involving fasting, drinking epsom salts and later before bed a concoction of Olive oil and Grapefruit Juice. In the morning I passed a lot of stones, some people are sceptical as to whether this is a real detox process, in the morning I felt kind of tired as I hadn't really slept properly BUT I felt surprisingly clear and managed to get up really easily and do more activity than usual. Unfortunately I rushed into things a bit quickly and didn't really pace myself, I just got too excited with the sudden energy I had. Anyway the effect lasted for a few weeks, waking up in the morning without stiffness but with mental clarity and a reduction in symptoms.

I have kept up a detox protocol of Epsom salt baths and a clean diet but interestingly a large patch of Eczema formed around my midriff (near liver) and it has been persistent despite skin care, I wondered if anyone thinks that maybe I have awoken a store of toxins in my liver and that they are now present in the bloodstream or that the skin condition is a sign of an underlying presence.

The good effects of the liver flush have kind of worn off but it was definitely worthwhile and raised my health status slightly, I have less TMJ/cracking jaw and cracking joints now... any thoughts?

This post may be better suited to alternative therapies so feel free to move it :)

Liver flushes benefit you the same way cholestyramine does - by forcing the body to flush its bile (the "stones"), you can effectively reduce fat-soluble toxins.

You may have read this, but it often takes 10 flushes or more to see long-lasting benefit.

I don't know what the eczema/TMJ could mean, unfortunately!

I got a bad rash all over my upper thighs after taking cholestyramine. Doctors could not diagnose it. I have one small nodule left . It took about a year to clear up. I got totally clear of my old possessions a month or so ago. Last module is slowly drying up. I have no idea.

CFSTheBear

Given the idea that our livers accumulate toxins in this way appears to be pseudoscience, I would look for other explanations.

I definitely would get this rash looked at be a doctor.

I went to 3 different doctors and the rash gradually went away.

I was giving my experience which as i am well aware is in no way scientific.