• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live webcast IoM meeting Jan. 27th 1:pm starting

Valentijn

Nancy Klimas is involved with both groups, and mentioned that it sounds like there's some redundancy in what the groups are doing.

Maier says the goal of the P2P is not to develop a definition, but to review definitions.

Klimas asked if info from one group could be available earlier than the announced date, so that the other group can use it.

Maier responds they're reviewing different info. So that sounds like a "no".

Valentijn

Cynthial Mulrow: can the committee have access to the search strategies used in the report? Can evidence tables of preliminary data be shared with the committee?

Maier: I don't know, but will find out.

alex3619

Elizabeth Unger from the CDC is speaking now. Called it "chronic fatigue syndrome/ME". She is emphasizing that it's complex and heterogeneous. Slide say "What about those who don't meet all criteria?"

Unger also mentioned that medication use hasn't been studies, and should be. Also demographics.

When someone in the US, not the UK, calls it CFS/ME you have to wonder.

alex3619

The P2P evidence review documents will be available at some point. It is very important that we later examine these carefully.

I have been quiet until the break, and about to go quiet again ... too busy watching.

Valentijn

Now the woman from the FDA, Sara Eggers. Enthusiastic and pleasant, but again doesn't seem particularly pertinent to the IOM.

JT1024

Way to much time spent regurgitating what is well known to patients and ME researchers and physicians.

What is the point of Sara Eggers' presentation?