• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lithium experiences

leaves

I am trying to improve my glutamate toxicity (racing thoughts, wired etc) and am considering lithium oratate, any feedback appreciated!

Wayne

Lithium Orotate Testimonial

I am trying to improve my glutamate toxicity (racing thoughts, wired etc) and am considering lithium oratate, any feedback appreciated!

Hi Leaves,

I started taking lithium orotate about three weeks ago. I'm doing many things at this time besides, but intuitively it feels like it has a calming effect on my neurological system. Apparently, many people with Lyme take it as part of their protocol, especially when they are creating die-offs of Lyme bacteria. Any dieoff releases high amounts of neurotoxins, which lithium orotate is purportedly able to help protect the brain from. Below is a testimonial I found recently on the Lyme board.

Wayne

Topic: Lithium orotate for Neuro Lyme

Hubby's neuro put him on 10 mg daily of lithium orotate -- suppsoedly it helps the brain detox. I have not researched the theories behind this.

Hubby was feeling great -- the best he has felt in the 10 years since he got sick -- on his current meds which include IV Rocephin, IV Zithrromax and pulsing oral Tindamax, Coartem and Factive.

Anyway -- he ran out of the lithium. Started feeling worse within a couple of days and increasingly bad over the next couple of weeks.

Restarted the lithium (actually it is very cheap from VitaCost) and he noticed improvements within a couple of days.

Generally just a more positive mood and increased libido and also slight decrease in headaches as well.

Hubby has taken many supplements but this is one of the few that he can actually tell helps.

Just thought I would pass this on.

slayadragon

A couple of years ago, I went to a hot springs spa in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I felt better emotionally and noted that there was lithium in the water, so I tried supplementing with lithium orotate. It seemed to create a similar effect.

I told my longtime CFS physician, Dale Guyer. He told me that lithium was helpful for viruses and suggested that if lithium made me feel better, I was probably low on it. I increased to 20 mg, which seemed to be a good thing.

Amy Yasko has been recommending lithium for about a year. Of course she has people test for it.

undcvr

I've been on Lithium Orotate for years, I swear by it. One of the few things that help and help quite immediately with CFS symptoms. I am so glad that it is not a drug a controlled by big pharma like its other forms.

I actually take all the 5 mineral orotates out there, the other one I recommend is Magnesium Orotate, you will find that it helps with CFS alot too.

Lala

I have good experience with lithium orotate, too. I took 5mg for a week and it had immediate calming effect, so I recently increased to 10mg.

Gavman

My mum had bipolar and lithium was the only real effective thing that she found drug wise. She doesnt delve into anything but *its a chemical problem*
I want to look into it after i get my hair mineral analysis back.

Nielk

Is lithiu orotate the same as lithium? It seems that the orotate is a supplement wirh no prescription required? Do you have a side effect of tiredness on it?

Wayne

Lithium Orotate - Molybdenum

Is lithiu orotate the same as lithium? It seems that the orotate is a supplement wirh no prescription required? Do you have a side effect of tiredness on it?

Hi Neilk,

Lithium orotate is a mineral sold at most health food stores and seems to normally come in dosages of about 5 mg. Lithium carbonate, which is what is prescribed by doctors, normally comes in a strength of about 350 mg. This high a dose is necessary because it is so poorly absorbed; but it can cause some very extreme side effects. So why use lithium carbonate when lithium orotate is so much better absorbed? I can't really figure that one out. Probably has to do with money.

I have a friend who did very poorly on the lithium carbonate, but did phenomenally well on just 50 mcg of lithium orotate, which is just 1% of a normal 5 mg dose. I've not heard of side effects from these kinds of small doses, but I assume there can be for some of us who are so sensitive. Since lithium protects the brain and neurological system from toxicity, I would guess any side effects might be the result of a certain amount of detoxification, but that is only speculation on my part.

Seems like a very safe and benign mineral to try and see how it works. Seems to work very well for many with any kind of neurological issue. Molybdenum is a nice complementary mineral to this, as it is also helpful for detoxification issues.

Best Regards, Wayne

Lala

I have read something on curezone that it can be connected to nickel toxicity in the brain, but this all was very unclear to me.

Nielk

just reread this thread and like most or even all threads, it is so obvious that we are not all alike.
I know this doesn't sound like a great surprise but, we all react so differently to all different types of treatment/
This of course results in great feelings of frustration both g]for patients and the doctors who treat us.
Do we have thousands of diseases who just look similar or is it i]one disease but, our physical make up is such that not two of us are alike?

Lala

Does anybody know, how long lithium stays in the body? I read about 20-28hours, but for me effect seems to be diminishing after few hours, so I recently started on 5mg twice daily, but still have the same problem. Perhaps better would be three times daily, but that interferes with my atb.

*GG*

Does anybody know, how long lithium stays in the body? I read about 20-28hours, but for me effect seems to be diminishing after few hours, so I recently started on 5mg twice daily, but still have the same problem. Perhaps better would be three times daily, but that interferes with my atb.

Yes, interesting question. I would've thought that micro grams of Lithium would be needed. I thought it was a micro mineral/nutrient? Interesting thread.

GG

Lala

Dr. Wright recommends 10-20mg of lithium orotate or aspartate for brain antiaging.
see http://tahomaclinicblog.com/lithium-the-misunderstood-mineral-part-1/

I am trying to beat depression naturally with it, so I guess for depression the doses could be even higher, but I am very reluctant to increase the dose to the higher extent as I know currently too little about lithium problematics..

Perhaps someone else has something to add..